Grand Challenges Mapper Game
- Play the relationship mapper game to add your expertise to the Grand Challenges system map!
- March 13
Play the relationship mapper game to include your expertise in the Grand Challenges system map and help identify the challenges with the most influence over the system. For the first 125 players, each round comes with $5 to Starbucks!
Survey for Educators on Women in STEM
- The “Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM” 100Kin10 Project Team is looking for educators to fill out a five-minute survey to find out how they’re providing examples of women’s participation in STEM to students.
- March 9
The “Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM” 100Kin10 Project Team is looking for educators (in and out of school) to fill out a five-minute survey to find out if and how they’re providing examples of women’s participation in STEM to students. They will then use this data to curate resources focused on women in STEM to share with educators based on needs, opportunities, and gaps identified through the survey.
Survey on Evaluating K-8 Professional Learning
- WestEd is looking for educators, evaluators, professional learning providers, administrators, and funders to fill out a 15-minute survey to help them learn how the field is evaluating K–8 science professional learning.
- March 9
WestEd is working to identify opportunities to improve K-8 science professional learning evaluation practices. If you’re an educator, professional learning provider or evaluator, administrator, or funder, please complete this 15-minute survey to help them better understand the current state of these practices.
Their findings and recommendations will be summarized in a white paper available to the field later this year.
Survey on PBA
- Do you make decisions about assessments? Take a Project Team's survey to help them better understand the current landscape of PBA implementation.
- February 24
The “Performance-Based Assessments in Science” Project Team is designing a pathway for institutions to follow for exploring the potential of performance-based assessments (PBAs) to elevate all students’ engagement in science and engineering practices. Do you make decisions about assessments or implement assessments? Take the team’s survey to help them better understand the current landscape of PBA implementation.
Teacher Forum Nomination
- An opportunity to nominate a STEM teacher to join the 100Kin10 Teacher Forum. They’ll be bringing ideas, observations, and insights to the surface.
- January 8–31
We’re looking for 30 leading STEM teachers to join the 100Kin10 Teacher Forum. Through it, they’ll be the network’s collective eyes and ears, bringing to the surface the ideas, observations, and insights that STEM teachers are experiencing daily. Nominate up to three teachers by January 31st.
Join a Project Team!
- Apply to join one of 11 Project Teams seeking new members.
- November 10
Project Teams are small cross-organizational teams that work in 6-month modules on projects that have the potential to improve their own work while positively impacting the field. This year, 11 leaders have stepped up with ideas and are seeking new members.
Click each project to learn more about it.
- Supporting STEM Education in Rural Communities
- Establishing PLCs for Rural STEM Teachers and University Scientists
- Establishing Statewide Mentor Teacher Networks
- Examining Requirements for Math Teacher Preparation Coursework
- Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM
- Developing Performance-Based Assessments in Science
- Developing Strategies to Advance Personally Relevant Pedagogy
- Developing STEM Content Micro Credentials
- Preparing Teachers for High-Needs Schools
- Bridging the Divide Between Regional Teacher Prep Programs and K-12 Needs
- Using Local STEM Research to Design Context-Specific Learning Experiences