Survey on PBA
- Do you make decisions about assessments? Take a Project Team's survey to help them better understand the current landscape of PBA implementation.
- February 24
The “Performance-Based Assessments in Science” Project Team is designing a pathway for institutions to follow for exploring the potential of performance-based assessments (PBAs) to elevate all students’ engagement in science and engineering practices. Do you make decisions about assessments or implement assessments? Take the team’s survey to help them better understand the current landscape of PBA implementation.
Teacher Forum Nomination
- An opportunity to nominate a STEM teacher to join the 100Kin10 Teacher Forum. They’ll be bringing ideas, observations, and insights to the surface.
- January 8–31
We’re looking for 30 leading STEM teachers to join the 100Kin10 Teacher Forum. Through it, they’ll be the network’s collective eyes and ears, bringing to the surface the ideas, observations, and insights that STEM teachers are experiencing daily. Nominate up to three teachers by January 31st.
Join a Project Team!
- Apply to join one of 11 Project Teams seeking new members.
- November 10
Project Teams are small cross-organizational teams that work in 6-month modules on projects that have the potential to improve their own work while positively impacting the field. This year, 11 leaders have stepped up with ideas and are seeking new members.
Click each project to learn more about it.
- Supporting STEM Education in Rural Communities
- Establishing PLCs for Rural STEM Teachers and University Scientists
- Establishing Statewide Mentor Teacher Networks
- Examining Requirements for Math Teacher Preparation Coursework
- Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM
- Developing Performance-Based Assessments in Science
- Developing Strategies to Advance Personally Relevant Pedagogy
- Developing STEM Content Micro Credentials
- Preparing Teachers for High-Needs Schools
- Bridging the Divide Between Regional Teacher Prep Programs and K-12 Needs
- Using Local STEM Research to Design Context-Specific Learning Experiences
Active Learning Day
- Get ready for Active Learning Day on Monday, October 23rd with these activities from and by 100Kin10 partners.
- October 23
This resource hub makes it easy for educators to integrate active STEM learning into their classroom, on Active Learning Day and beyond! Spread the word and amplify #ActiveLearningDay on Twitter:
Celebrate #ActiveLearningDay on Oct 23rd & every day with active #STEM learning activities from @100Kin10 partners! https://activelearning.100kin10.org/
Survey on Rural Contexts
- Do you implement programs/projects that support STEM teachers in rural areas? Take a survey to help inform a Project Team's work!
- November 15
A Project Team is looking to better understand the programs and projects that have been undertaken across the country to support STEM teachers in rural communities. The information gathered will be used to share trends, best practices, and success stories in order to create a number of case studies and guides for entities seeking to support STEM teachers in rural areas.
Teacher Experimentation Grant
- "How might we empower teachers to (and/or create systems that enable teachers to) experiment with their instruction?"
- October 25
We’re excited to announce up to $1 Million in funding (total) for a competitive opportunity for partners doing work in New York State to propose solutions that will help solve this challenge. We are open to a range of solutions and expect to make grants of a variety of sizes. In the past, grants have ranged from $25K-300K.