Join a Project Team!
- Apply to join one of 11 Project Teams seeking new members.
- November 10
Project Teams are small cross-organizational teams that work in 6-month modules on projects that have the potential to improve their own work while positively impacting the field. This year, 11 leaders have stepped up with ideas and are seeking new members.
Click each project to learn more about it.
- Supporting STEM Education in Rural Communities
- Establishing PLCs for Rural STEM Teachers and University Scientists
- Establishing Statewide Mentor Teacher Networks
- Examining Requirements for Math Teacher Preparation Coursework
- Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM
- Developing Performance-Based Assessments in Science
- Developing Strategies to Advance Personally Relevant Pedagogy
- Developing STEM Content Micro Credentials
- Preparing Teachers for High-Needs Schools
- Bridging the Divide Between Regional Teacher Prep Programs and K-12 Needs
- Using Local STEM Research to Design Context-Specific Learning Experiences
Active Learning Day
- Get ready for Active Learning Day on Monday, October 23rd with these activities from and by 100Kin10 partners.
- October 23
This resource hub makes it easy for educators to integrate active STEM learning into their classroom, on Active Learning Day and beyond! Spread the word and amplify #ActiveLearningDay on Twitter:
Celebrate #ActiveLearningDay on Oct 23rd & every day with active #STEM learning activities from @100Kin10 partners! https://activelearning.100kin10.org/
Survey on Rural Contexts
- Do you implement programs/projects that support STEM teachers in rural areas? Take a survey to help inform a Project Team's work!
- November 15
A Project Team is looking to better understand the programs and projects that have been undertaken across the country to support STEM teachers in rural communities. The information gathered will be used to share trends, best practices, and success stories in order to create a number of case studies and guides for entities seeking to support STEM teachers in rural areas.
Teacher Experimentation Grant
- "How might we empower teachers to (and/or create systems that enable teachers to) experiment with their instruction?"
- October 25
We’re excited to announce up to $1 Million in funding (total) for a competitive opportunity for partners doing work in New York State to propose solutions that will help solve this challenge. We are open to a range of solutions and expect to make grants of a variety of sizes. In the past, grants have ranged from $25K-300K.
Lead a Project Team!
- We all have something to learn & share. Have a challenge you're passionate about? Sign up to lead a Project Team!
- September 20
Over 6 months, cross-organizational teams will work on projects that have the potential to improve their own work and positively impact the field. We all have something to learn and share — if you have a challenge that you’re passionate about and are interested in leading a Project Team to address it, sign up below!
100Kin10 at SXSW EDU
- 100Kin10 is up for a panel at SXSW EDU but we need your vote to secure our spot! Cast your vote.
- August 14–25
With the grand challenges mapped, the network is laser-focused on tackling them. Now is the time to spread the word and get allies on board to contribute. SXSW EDU is a great place to do just that, but we need your vote to secure our spot. Cast your vote.