Category: in person
USED Comment Writing Session
- November 1 1-3PM EST
We are pulling together interested 100Kin10 partners and allies for a writing session tomorrow, Nov. 1, to develop a shared response to the Secretary’s Proposed Supplemental Priorities for the Department of Education’s discretionary grant programs (specifically the STEM priority).
The focus of the session is to review the Secretary’s priorities and develop a common response template. We will share it with the entire network before the public comment period closes on November 13, 2017.
- What: Comment Writing Session: Secretary’s STEM Priority
- When: 1-3pm, November 1
- Where: Penn Hill Group, 777 Sixth Street NW, Suite 500, Washington DC 20001
RSVP to Patti Curtis at email@example.com
100Kin10 at SXSW EDU
- A case study session at SXSW EDU 2018!
- March 6 2PM to 3PM CST
- Austin Convention Center, 500 E Cesar Chavez. Room 10AB.
Heading to SXSW EDU this year? 100Kin10 will be there spreading the word about the grand challenges and bringing allies on board to contribute. Join us for our session at 2:00pm on March 6th.
Boston Happy Hour
- Join Julie Drapala of 100Kin10 for a casual Happy Hour! Reconnect with your fellow 100Kin10 partners over light refreshments.
- September 28 5PM-6:30PM
- Boston - location TBC
It’s late notice, but we’d love to see as many of our Boston partners as possible!
- A save-the-date for our regional breakfast series to kick off the new school year.
- October 23–27
- Bay Area, LA, CO, TX AZ, DC and NYC
Save the date! The week of October 23rd, join fellow partners to start the school year right at a Back-to-School Breakfast in a region near you:
- Arizona – October 24th (MCESA)
- Bay Area – October 26th (National Writing Project)
- Colorado – October 25th (Colorado Education Initiative)
- D.C. – October 26th (Smithsonian Science Education Center)
- Los Angeles – October 24th (California State University)
- New York – October 23rd (New York Academy of Sciences)
- Texas – October 25th (Center for STEM Education – UT Austin)
Lead an Unconference
- An opportunity to connect with and learn from other partners in your area by leading an unconference.
- May 31–June 1
This summer, bring the expertise of the network to your doorstep. We’re inviting a few dedicated partners to lead an ‘unconference’ for partners in their area. Whether cataloging approaches to teacher recruitment or getting feedback on a new idea, these events are opportunities to connect with and learn from other partners – and as lead, you get to make that happen.
Resource Exchange Opp
- An opportunity to showcase your materials at the 100Kin10 Annual Partner Summit.
- March 30–April 10
On April 25, 250+ partners will convene at Summit to ‘Chart our Course’ as a network, pooling strategies for addressing the grand challenges. This year, we’re inviting all attending organizations to pitch in: Send us your materials and we’ll distribute them in a special showcase of the network’s many approaches to resolving the challenges.