Month: October 2017
USED Comment Writing Session
- November 1 1-3PM EST
We are pulling together interested 100Kin10 partners and allies for a writing session tomorrow, Nov. 1, to develop a shared response to the Secretary’s Proposed Supplemental Priorities for the Department of Education’s discretionary grant programs (specifically the STEM priority).
The focus of the session is to review the Secretary’s priorities and develop a common response template. We will share it with the entire network before the public comment period closes on November 13, 2017.
- What: Comment Writing Session: Secretary’s STEM Priority
- When: 1-3pm, November 1
- Where: Penn Hill Group, 777 Sixth Street NW, Suite 500, Washington DC 20001
RSVP to Patti Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org
100Kin10 at SXSW EDU
- A case study session at SXSW EDU 2018!
- March 6 2PM to 3PM CST
- Austin Convention Center, 500 E Cesar Chavez. Room 10AB.
Heading to SXSW EDU this year? 100Kin10 will be there spreading the word about the grand challenges and bringing allies on board to contribute. Join us for our session at 2:00pm on March 6th.
Join a Project Team!
- Apply to join one of 11 Project Teams seeking new members.
- November 10
Project Teams are small cross-organizational teams that work in 6-month modules on projects that have the potential to improve their own work while positively impacting the field. This year, 11 leaders have stepped up with ideas and are seeking new members.
Click each project to learn more about it.
- Supporting STEM Education in Rural Communities
- Establishing PLCs for Rural STEM Teachers and University Scientists
- Establishing Statewide Mentor Teacher Networks
- Examining Requirements for Math Teacher Preparation Coursework
- Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM
- Developing Performance-Based Assessments in Science
- Developing Strategies to Advance Personally Relevant Pedagogy
- Developing STEM Content Micro Credentials
- Preparing Teachers for High-Needs Schools
- Bridging the Divide Between Regional Teacher Prep Programs and K-12 Needs
- Using Local STEM Research to Design Context-Specific Learning Experiences
Active Learning Day
- Get ready for Active Learning Day on Monday, October 23rd with these activities from and by 100Kin10 partners.
- October 23
This resource hub makes it easy for educators to integrate active STEM learning into their classroom, on Active Learning Day and beyond! Spread the word and amplify #ActiveLearningDay on Twitter:
Celebrate #ActiveLearningDay on Oct 23rd & every day with active #STEM learning activities from @100Kin10 partners! https://activelearning.100kin10.org/