- Register to attend a Back-to-School Gathering to build relationships with partners in your region and connect on shared work with both new and familiar faces.
- September 13–27
Washington, D.C. @ George Washington University: Sept. 13 / Register here.
New York City, NY @ American Museum of Natural History: Sept. 14 / Register here.
Austin, TX @ Center for STEM Education, UT Austin: Sept. 20 / Register here.
Bay Area, CA @ Genentech: Sept. 25 / Register here.
Southern California @ California State University/EnCorps STEM Teachers Program: Sept. 26 / Register here.
Phoenix, AZ @ Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Sept. 27 / Register here.
Collaboration Grant Application
- An application for funding to enable in-person gatherings of two or more partners. Only 100Kin10 Partners may apply.
- September 30
Collaboration Grants enable gatherings of two or more partners with the intention of discussing ideas and uncovering whether there is possibility for longer term collaboration.
They are an excellent way of discussing the potential of a Project Team – or just getting together with other partners to learn more about their work.
This opportunity is limited to 100Kin10 Partners.
Performance-Based Assessments in Science
- A webinar to learn about a new performance-based assessment model for middle school science students.
- October 3 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm ET
Learn about a new performance-based assessment model for middle school science instruction — developed in partnership with science-rich institutions — and recommendations for those who want to design and implement similar models on their own.
Connecting Rural STEM Teachers and University Scientists
- A webinar to learn about how rural STEM teachers can get support from pedagogical content experts and university scientists, informed by the PLC model.
- October 16 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm ET
Explore how the Professional Learning Communities (PLC) model can connect STEM teachers in rural settings with experts in pedagogical content and university science departments, who are often not based locally. What kind of qualities and mechanisms are needed to facilitate these sustainable partnerships, and enhance K-12 teacher practice and retention in rural areas?
School Culture Workshop
- A workshop in New York City to explore collaborative approaches to address the school culture catalysts.
- October 17 8am - 4pm
On October 17th, partners are invited to attend a workshop in New York City to explore collaborative approaches to address the school culture catalysts. During the workshop, partners will dig into our analysis of the school culture problem space, including the field’s most critical demands, and identify the opportunities prime for collective action. We aim to close the workshop with actionable next steps for partners to jointly and strategically tackle the school culture catalysts.
Register here by September 28th.
Supporting Rural STEM Ed
- A webinar exploring research on the barriers, successes, and best practices of programs that support pre- and in-service STEM teachers working in rural areas.
- October 24 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm ET
Learn about the perspectives and approaches of those who strive to bring excellent STEM education to rural communities. Based on their first-hand experiences and others’ in the field, this team is pairing success stories with tools and resources that address specific challenges on the ground.