- A save-the-date for our regional breakfast series to kick off the new school year.
- October 23–27
- Bay Area, LA, CO, TX AZ, DC and NYC
Save the date! The week of October 23rd, join fellow partners to start the school year right at a Back-to-School Breakfast in a region near you:
- Arizona – October 24th (MCESA)
- Bay Area – October 26th (National Writing Project)
- Colorado – October 25th (Colorado Education Initiative)
- D.C. – October 26th (Smithsonian Science Education Center)
- Los Angeles – October 24th (California State University)
- New York – October 23rd (New York Academy of Sciences)
- Texas – October 25th (Center for STEM Education – UT Austin)
Active Learning Day
- Get ready for Active Learning Day on Monday, October 23rd with these activities from and by 100Kin10 partners.
- October 23
This resource hub makes it easy for educators to integrate active STEM learning into their classroom, on Active Learning Day and beyond! Spread the word and amplify #ActiveLearningDay on Twitter:
Celebrate #ActiveLearningDay on Oct 23rd & every day with active #STEM learning activities from @100Kin10 partners! https://activelearning.100kin10.org/
Teacher Experimentation Grant
- "How might we empower teachers to (and/or create systems that enable teachers to) experiment with their instruction?"
- October 25
We’re excited to announce up to $1 Million in funding (total) for a competitive opportunity for partners doing work in New York State to propose solutions that will help solve this challenge. We are open to a range of solutions and expect to make grants of a variety of sizes. In the past, grants have ranged from $25K-300K.
Project Teams Webinar
- Want to learn more about the ideas potential leaders have put forth? Register for our upcoming webinar!
- November 1 2PM ET
Have a question about a Project Team idea? Several leaders will be on the line to talk with you.
If you have questions about the following projects, please reach out directly to the leader instead, as they will not be on the webinar:
Join a Project Team!
- Apply to join one of 11 Project Teams seeking new members.
- November 10
Project Teams are small cross-organizational teams that work in 6-month modules on projects that have the potential to improve their own work while positively impacting the field. This year, 11 leaders have stepped up with ideas and are seeking new members.
Click each project to learn more about it.
- Supporting STEM Education in Rural Communities
- Establishing PLCs for Rural STEM Teachers and University Scientists
- Establishing Statewide Mentor Teacher Networks
- Examining Requirements for Math Teacher Preparation Coursework
- Increasing Visibility of Women in STEM
- Developing Performance-Based Assessments in Science
- Developing Strategies to Advance Personally Relevant Pedagogy
- Developing STEM Content Micro Credentials
- Preparing Teachers for High-Needs Schools
- Bridging the Divide Between Regional Teacher Prep Programs and K-12 Needs
- Using Local STEM Research to Design Context-Specific Learning Experiences
Survey on Rural Contexts
- Do you implement programs/projects that support STEM teachers in rural areas? Take a survey to help inform a Project Team's work!
- November 15
A Project Team is looking to better understand the programs and projects that have been undertaken across the country to support STEM teachers in rural communities. The information gathered will be used to share trends, best practices, and success stories in order to create a number of case studies and guides for entities seeking to support STEM teachers in rural areas.